780-439-9457 or 780-469-5856
#201 - 2327 Ellwood Drive SW
Edmonton, AB T6X 0J6
Office Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Did you get our October Newsletter? Are you looking for the answers? Let us know how many you got right!=
1. FALSE – Thanksgiving is an optional statutory in Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and New Brunswick.
2. The first official Thanksgiving held in Canada was Nov 6, 1879.
3. FALSE - Since the beginning of the Thanksgiving holiday, its date has moved several times, from mid-week in April to a Thursday in November.
4. 91 family farm operation produce about 37 million kilograms of cranberries. With a $ value around $49 million, cranberries are BCs largest berry crop, both in volume and in value.
5. No, Early Thanksgivings were celebrated with the food that was harvested and hunted. Turkey became popular by the 19th century because it was plentiful and one turkey could easily feed the entire family.
7. Deep-frying your turkey is discouraged by the National Fire Protection Association. However, you cook your turkey, make sure to cook it thoroughly and to an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Domestication of the North American Turkey has been attributed to the Aztecs.